DEAKIN UNIVERSITY AT GEELONG, MELBOURNE, AND WARRNAMBOOL, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE & ECONOMIC POLICY EDUCATION
Deakin University is an Australian public university and was established in 1974 as one of the new generation of Australian universities. Deakin is one of Australia's largest universities, with more than 39,000 students. Deakin combines a university's traditional focus on excellent teaching and research with a desire to seek new ways of developing and delivering courses. It received more than A$35 million in research income in 2009.
Deakin maintains close links with government, leading corporations and professional associations, ensuring that the courses are relevant, practical and deliver the skills in demand. Deakin has won several awards for its teaching and learning excellence - testament to its excellent facilities, flexible study options and courses which are informed by industry professionals.
The Deakin Graduate School of Business (DGSB) offers highly rated and well-respected programs at Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters levels in Business Administration, International Business, Commerce, Marketing, Personal Injury Management, and Insurance and Risk Management, plus a Doctoral program in Business Administration as well as Masters and PhD degrees by research.
- Bachelor of Commerce with Supply Chain Management Major
- Bachelor of Management with Supply Chain Management Major
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems with Supply Chain Management Major
You will gain an understanding of supply chain management and total business process excellence. Also you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to manage a business with multiple relationships. A Supply Chain Management major sequence can provide a background for a career in virtually every industry - manufacturing, service, government or retail - locally and overseas. You may be working as a supply and procurement manager, distribution manager, inventory manager, import/export goods manager, transportation manager, eBusiness or electronic trading manager, or operations manager.
- Bachelor of Commerce with International trade and economic policy Major
- Bachelor of Management with International trade and economic policy Major
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems with International trade and economic policy Major
Gain a sound understanding of the economic basis to trade, and the institutions and market structures that underpin global commerce. This major sequence covers the economic, political and cultural characteristics of the major trading regions, with a strong emphasis on Asian trade. Graduates may work in multi-national organizations or in government. Graduates can be found working in all aspects of international business, both in Australia and overseas, undertaking roles in trade promotion, government departments, banking and general business management.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (International) with specialization in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Commerce with specialization in Supply Chain Management
- Master of Information Systems with specialization in eBusiness and Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management deals with the purchase of raw materials, the process of manufacturing the goods, the storage of the goods, and the delivery of the goods to end consumers. This discipline provides students with an understanding of the concept of supply chain management and the relationships of various supply chain activities. It also provides advantages for students looking to advance their career in the supply chain or logistics field offered in a wide range of industries locally and overseas.