Maritime Training Programs in Singapore
Wavelink Maritime Institute (WMI) premier and professional organization dedicated to provide quality maritime education, training and consultancy services for the local and international maritime and shipping industry. WMI provides training services to better enhance and further strengthen the competencies and to meet the demands and challenges of the International maritime environment.
WMI commitment to training is based on its capability and resources to provide quality education and training for both mandatory and non-mandatory Merchant Marine courses for the local and regional maritime shipping companies, in particular, the Collective Bargaining Agreement companies. WMI has developed various categories of training programs to meet the varied and wide spectrum of seafarers training and education.
Wavelink Maritime Institute (WMI) is a Registered Private Education Institution (PEI) with the Council for Private Education (CPE) in Singapore. WMI appointed is a Recognized Security Organization (RSO) by Maritime and Port Authority (MPA), Singapore for implementation of International Code for the security of Ships and Port Facilities (ISPS Code). Many of its maritime programs are also approved by Skills Program for Upgrading and Resilience (SPUR).
Career and Development Program
- Certificate in Nautical Studies - 6 Months Pre-Sea Deck Cadet Training Program: The training program aims to equip new entrants to the industry with the skills and knowledge to perform maritime related jobs. The training program includes Certificate of Competency and specialized maritime courses.
Upgrading and Enhancement
- Familiarization & Overview on Port State Control
- Familiarization with Shipping Terms & Maritime Jargon
- Port State Control on Compliance with ISM Code
- Port State Control on compliance with ISPS Code
- Safety Culture for Optimum Safety Performance
- Maritime Labor Convention,2006 Awareness Program
- Designated Person Ashore (DPA) Training Course
- Familiarization on Operational Use of ECDIS
- Ship Security Awareness Course
- Tanker Management & Self Assessment (TMSA)
- Powered Pleasure Craft Driving Licence (PPCDL)
- Risk Management & Investigation
- Shiphandling Course
- ISPS Auditor Course for Port Facility
- Bunker Tanker Cargo Officer Course
- IMO Model Course 1.22 (Ship Simulator & Bridge Teamwork)
- IMO Model Course 1.27 - Operational Use of ECDIS
- IMO Model Course 3.19 - Ship Security Officer
- IMO Model Course 3.20 - Company Security Officer
- IMO Model Course 3.21 - Port Facility Security Officer
- IMO Model Course 6.09 – Training Course for Instructors
- Maritime Resource Management Course (MRM)
- Maritime Resource & Bridge Team Management Course
- ISM Internal Auditor
- ISPS Auditor Course
- ISM /ISPS Auditor Course
- Senior Officers Leadership Assessment Program (SOLAP) - Deck
- Senior Officers Leadership Assessment Program (SOLAP) – Engine
Programs for CBA Companies
- Cadets Maritime & Education Training Program (CMETP): CMETP comprises a CadetsPlus Program and a Singapore CoC Deck Cadet Program for CBA companies to participate in.
- Junior Officers Maritime Education & Training Program (JMETP): The main thrust of the SMTF is to make training programs accessible and affordable for CBA companies. JMETP consists of 1 Junior OfficersPlus Basic and 26 Junior OfficersPlus Advanced programs.
- Senior Officers Maritime Education & Training Program (SMETP): SMETP has 1 main training program, i.e. Senior OfficersPlus Program which comprises 5 maritime courses - Senior Officers Leadership Assessment for Deck Officers; Senior Officers Leadership Assessment for Marine Engineers; Trainer Course for Instructors (IMO Model Course 6.09); Advanced Shiphandling Courses; and Advanced Crisis Management Courses.
MPA Maritime Mandatory Courses
- Pilotage Exemption Course For Small Vessel (PESV)
- Pilotage Exemption Course For Large Vessel (PELV)
- Pilotage Exemption Refresher Course For Small Vessel
- Pilotage Exemption Refresher Course For Large Vessel
- Port Limit Tanker Master Course & Assessment
- Port Limit Tanker Master Refresher & Assessment
- New Tug Master Training Course
- Experienced Tug Master Refresher
- Passenger Ferry Safety Course & Assessment
- Passenger Ferry Safety Refresher & Assessment
- Port Limit Special Grade (Deck Officer)
- Bunker Surveying Course
- Oil Spill Control Course