Logistics & Supply Chain Management; Marine & Offshore Technology; Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture Education
Established in 1963, Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) s one of Singapore’s leading institutions of higher learning. Its eight academic schools offer a total of 49 full-time diploma courses. NP also offers a range of part-time diploma courses. The Polytechnic offers students a holistic learning experience through the Ngee Ann Learning Model (NLM), which emphasizes balanced and broad-based education. To ensure that its courses and students are in tune with current market developments, the Polytechnic maintains close industry links and devotes expertise and resources to assist the development of local enterprises.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic is spread over 87 acres of suburban land at the fringe of the upmarket Bukit Timah residential district. The campus is well served by public buses from around the island. With its convenient location, transportation is a breeze. One can also reach the campus by taking the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train.
NGEE ANN is a public institution in Singapore. Ngee Ann Polytechnic is a member of the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) since 1999. Ngee Ann Polytechnic was awarded the ISO9001:2000 certification, which gives international recognition to organisations that have implemented quality management.
- Diploma in International Supply Chain Management ISCM (3 years): ISCM, the first diploma of its kind, provides a global perspective to business operations and trading practices. It trains you to support the logistics needs as well as improve the business margins and market share of organizations that trade internationally. The course covers all supply chain management sectors; cold chain, aviation and maritime management to project and event logistics. You will learn about the coordination of transport issues across borders, trade agreements, legal and regulatory requirements, taxes, duties, insurance, security and offshore procurement processes. You can put your knowledge and skills to the test with a six-month internship with top supply chain companies such as MAERSK Singapore and Lufthansa Cargo in your final year.
- Diploma in Logistics Management LMGT (3 years): With a strong emphasis on logistics management and operations, LMGT trains you in implementing creative solutions to improve operational efficiency and enhance customers’ expectations. You will learn about supply chain design strategies as well as management of inventory, warehousing and distribution. LMGT is widely recognised for its broad-based curriculum that covers business and quality management. You will learn how to market products and services effectively, as well as manage business relations with customers. Six-month local or overseas internship in top logistics companies like DHL and Keppel Logistics is a part of this program.
- BEng in Marine Technology with Honours in Marine Engineering
- BEng in Marine Technology with Honours in Naval Architecture
- BEng in Marine Technology with Honours in Offshore Engineering
These programs of Newcastle University are conducted at Ngee Ann campus with the partnership of Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). The Marine & Offshore Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering graduates of Ngee Ann enjoy one-year advanced standing, enabling them to complete the three-year degree in two years. The course provides them the opportunity to progress seamlessly to a prestigious overseas degree.
SIT was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to provide industry-focused university education for polytechnic graduates in partnership with the five local polytechnics and renowned overseas universities, to produce highly desired graduates for growth sectors of the economy.
NGEE ANN Scholarships
- Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI) Scholarship
- Baxter Scholarship
- DBS Bank Scholarship
- EM Services Scholarship
- GlaxoSmithKline Scholarship
- Hong Kong& Shanghai Banking Corporation Centenary Scholarship
- K C Lee Scholarship
- Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Scholarship
- Lim Song Scholarship
- Liu Yin Soon Scholarship
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Sports Scholarship
- OUE-Lien Ying Chow Scholarship
- Plus many more