Career Opportunities In Maritime; Logistics; Shipping; On Board and On Ground
Established in 1947, Grimaldi is a fully integrated multinational logistics Group specializing in maritime transport of cars, rolling cargo, containers and passengers and wholly owned by the Grimaldi family. The subsidiary companies and branches of the group companies are located in over 25 countries.
The Group’s shoreside and shipboard staff currently total more than 8,000. In 2009, nearly 2.7 million passengers chose the Group’s services, while cargo volumes comprised 2.49 million cars (CEU) and about 1.31 million Ro/Ro units and containers (FEU). Every week, the Grimaldi Group’s ships call at more than 130 ports in the Mediterranean and Baltic regions as well as in Northern Europe, West Africa, and North and South America.
The Grimaldi Group comprises eight main shipping companies, including Atlantic Container Line (ACL), Malta Motorways of the Sea (MMS), Minoan Lines and Finnlines. With a fleet of about 100 vessels, the Group provides maritime transport services for rolling cargo and containers between North Europe, the Mediterranean, the Baltic Sea, West Africa, North and South America. It also offers passenger services within the Mediterranean and Baltic Sea. Besides its pure maritime activities, the Group has created a network of about twenty terminals around the world for the handling of rolling cargo, containers and general cargo.
GRIMALDI CAREER Opportunities
The Grimaldi Group, one of the world’s leading operators of Ro/Ro ships, employs over 8,000 staff members. Working at Grimaldi means not only to become part of a multinational Group, but also of a big team. From more than 60 years the Group believes that the valorization of the human resources represents a key for the growth and the success of the company. The Group is committed to the training of the ground staff and the onboard crew, at every level, in order to improve their technical and operational qualifications.
- On Board Crew: The Grimaldi Group operates a fleet of about 100 Ro/Ro, Ro/Ro multipurpose, Car Carriers and Ro/pax Vessels and it is seeking workforce to employ onboard their units at all the time.
- Ground Crew: The Group, in continuous growth, offers to experts and recent graduates the opportunity to begin a professional experience in their administrative and port offices, both in Italy and abroad. More information can be obtained from www.grimaldi.napoli.it.
GRIMALDI Ports & Terminals
The Grimaldi Group operates its own regional hub terminals in several Euopean ports and other parts of the world. The entire port of Wallhamn has been purchased and is the first wholly privatized Swedish port, while the Unikai Lagerei und Speditionsgesellschaft terminal in Hamburg (Germany) is owned in partnership with Hamburg Harbor and Logistic AG (HHLA), a state-owned company. Please find below a list of ports & terminals owned and operated by the Grimaldi group:
- Wallhamn Port, Sweden
- Lagerei und Speditionsgesellschaft, Hamburg, Germany
- Scandinavian Auto Logistics (SAL), Esbjerg, Denmark
- Euromed Ireland Logistics (EMIL), Cork, Ireland
- Alexandria Terminal, Alexandria, Egypt
- Dakar Terminal, Dakar, Senegal
- FINNSTEVE (Finnlines), Helsinki, Finland
- FINNSTEVE (Finnlines), Turku, Finland
- FINNSTEVE (Finnlines), Kotka, Finland
- FINNSTEVE / NORSTEVE (Finnlines), Oslo, Norway