Maersk Liner Graduate Program (MLGP); Maersk International Technology & Science (MITAS) Program; & Career Opportunities In Maritime, Shipping; Operations; Logistics; Engineering at Maersk Worldwide Locations
Founded in 1904, Maersk is a worldwide conglomerate devoted to the shipping, energy and related industries. The container shipping lines, tanker business and Logistics Company move a large share of the world’s products around the globe. The oil and gas company supplies energy from sources in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Other Maersk business units provide supply, drilling, towage and emergency services, and include a significant European retailer.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is a publicly traded corporation with some 68,000 shareholders. The controlling shareholder is the A.P. Møller and Chastine Mc-Kinney Møller Foundation, which was set up by the company’s founder in 1953. Maersk shares are traded on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
There are two things that really set Maersk apart as an employer - the size and global reach, and the distinctive performance culture. With some 115,000 employees and activities in 130 countries, Maersk has the global scale it takes for employees to achieve even their most ambitious career goals. Maersk is also a diverse group of companies, making it able to offer a wide range of career paths for generalists and specialists. Working for a company as international as Maersk, you don’t even have to travel to enjoy a global business milieu. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any Maersk office, vessel or rig.
MAERSK Career Opportunities
Student or Recent Graduate
- Maersk Liner Graduate Program (MLGP): The Maersk Line Graduate Program is designed in a way so as to impart thorough knowledge of the liner industry to the participants. Along with in-depth knowledge, participants will also get a hands-on experience of the different processes in the company. The main objective of this program is to give you a platform to excel and accelerate your growth within the organization through a structured approach of on the job rotations, theoretical interventions through workshops, e-learning and seminars and exposure to senior management and a global network.
- MLGP Eligibility: Masters students about to graduate and already graduated are given priority to this program. Graduates with 0-4 years of work experience can apply after completion the degree or towards the end of completing the degree.
- Maersk International Technology & Science (MITAS) Program: The Maersk Group offers a 2-year international program to prepare newly graduated engineers, geologists or geophysicists for technical leadership and specialist careers. MITAS is an Entry Level Program that provides the technical professionals with a business mindset and broad exposure to technical challenges as a solid basis for future technical aspirations. During the 2 years on MITAS program you will work in three different positions, possibly in more than one Business Unit. Rotations will provide you with a huge exposure to technical challenges and various areas of our business early in your career and will help you gain hands-on experience with the support of experienced colleagues. At the moment all MITAS positions are offered within Energy and Offshore field. As a MITAS program participant, you can be working either in Maersk Oil or Maersk Drilling/FPSOs in several locations around the world. Successful completion of the program will ensure you a challenging and responsible position as well as giving you the foundation to become a technical leader or a specialist in A.P. Moller - Maersk.
- MITAS Eligibility: As a geologist (MSc/PhD), geophysicist (MSc/PhD), physicist (MSc/PhD) or an engineer (BA/MSc) in one of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical engineering; Electrical engineering; Structural engineering; Process engineering; Chemical engineering; Petroleum engineering; Production engineering; Reservoir engineering; Civil engineering; and Environmental engineering. The program is both for newly graduated candidates as well as candidates who already have a couple of years work experience.
Maritime (Sea-going) Career Opportunities
- Officer: A career at sea with the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group provides skilled and motivated individuals with a challenging profession in a dynamic and challenging environment. As Officer in A.P.Moller-Maersk you will enter a motivating environment for professional development and personal growth. Further a job as officer provides good career opportunities, introduction to a strong network across the group and excellent training and leadership skills.
- Cadet: The A.P. Moller - Maersk Cadet Education is the platform to train, groom and develop cadets as future Maritime Officers by providing second to none education opportunities, imbibing core values, culture and leadership skills and offering a motivating atmosphere for professional development and personal growth.
- More Information on Maritime (sea-going) career opportunities in UK can be found at this section - Maersk Marine Services Ltd | Maersk Crewing Ltd
From shipping and energy to retail, the diversified activities enable Maersk to offer attractive career paths for generalists and specialists alike. You can visit the job portal at www.maersk.com for more information on all the current opportunities available. Please find below a sample list of vacancies advertised from time to time.
- Specialist, Logistics - Itasca, IL- 00003903 - Damco, Itasca, IL, USA
- Manager, Sears, Damco, Shenzhen - Damco, Shenzhen, P.R.C.
- Deputy General Manager, Branch Manager, Qingdao - Damco, Qingdao, P.R.C.
- Airfreight Strategic Sales Assistant Manager for DAMCO Philippines Inc. - Damco, Pasay City, Philippines
- Assistant Material Planning - Maersk Container Industry AS, Dasheng Machong Dongguan, P.R.C.
- Sr. Electrical Engineer - Maersk FPSOs, Lyngby, Denmark
- Piping Engineer - Maersk FPSOs, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Drilling Engineer - Maersk Oil, Houston, USA
- Mechanical Inspector Marine - Maersk Drilling, Lyngby/Singapore, Denmark
- Warehouse Executive - Damco, Di An, Binh Duong, Vietnam
- Ocean Freight Custome Service Assistant - Damco, Port louis, Mauritius
- Plus many more
MAERSK Recruitment Process
The recruitment process starts when you’ve submitted your application online and the confirmation pop-up appears on your screen. In reviewing your application the company uses a combination of best-practice assessment tools and personal interviews to make sure you’ll be the perfect match for the position you’re applying for. Your first interview will probably be conducted by Human Resources and focus on your personal skills and capabilities.
The second interview is normally conducted by the hiring manager – who will also make the final hiring decision – and focuses more on the particular skills and qualities required for the position. The entire recruitment process usually takes 4 to 6 weeks, although this can vary depending on location.
Please note that A.P. Moller - Maersk Group as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.