MONTEREY BAY SAILING SCHOOL AT MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA
AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION (ASA) TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Monterey hosts the most bio-dense and bio-diverse ecosystem on the US Pacific coast. Whether you are a complete novice trying sailing for the first time, or an experienced ocean veteran ready to take your seamanship to a higher level. Monterey Bay Sailing school offers courses for beginner sailors and seasoned skippers. The school teaches the American Sailing Association curriculum which is the definitive standard of safety and seamanship worldwide. The supportive learning environment will give you the confidence to skipper independently and reach your nautical goals.
Choose a captained cruise for a more relaxing voyage in the world's second largest marine sanctuary. Cruises are safe, affordable, family fun for all ages. For sailors who want to become active in the sport.
Monterey Bay Sailing is a professional sailing organization established in 1998 whose mission is to offer residents of the Monterey Peninsula communities and visitors an affordable opportunity to sail the central coast.
Monterey Bay Sailing Location
View Larger Map
- Basic Keelboat Sailing Standard (ASA 101): After completing this program, the participant will be able to sail a boat sail a boat of about 22 feet in length in light to moderate winds and sea conditions in familiar waters without supervision. A preparatory Standard with no auxiliary power or navigation skills required.
- Basic Coastal Cruising (ASA 103): Prerequisites: Basic Keelboat Sailing Certificate. After completing this program, the participant will be able to cruise safely in local and regional waters as both skipper and crew on an auxiliary powered sailboat of about 20 to 30 feet in length, in moderate winds and sea conditions.
- Bareboat Chartering Standard (ASA 104): Prerequisites: Basic Keelboat Sailing and Basic Coastal Cruising Certification. An advanced cruising Standard for individuals with cruising experience. The individual can act as skipper or crew of a 30 - 50 foot boat sailing by day in coastal waters. The Standard includes knowledge of boat systems and maintenance procedures.
- Coastal Navigation Standard (ASA 105): After completing this program, the participant will be able to demonstrate the navigational theory required to safely navigate a sailing vessel in coastal or inland waters. There is no Sailing Skills part to this Standard and practical application of this Sailing Knowledge is found in the Advanced Coastal Cruising Standard.
- 6 Day Package: Basic Keelboat Sailing, Basic Coastal Cruising, Bareboat Chartering.
- 8 Day Package: Basic Keelboat Sailing, Basic Coastal Cruising, Bareboat Chartering, Coastal Navigation.