SAIL BUZZARDS BAY AT FAIRHAVEN HARBOR, MASSACHUSETTS
ASA APPROVED TRAINING SCHOOL AT FAIRHAVEN HARBOR, MA
The Sail Buzzards Bay offers high quality sailing instruction for all levels of experience - beginners to advanced coastal cruisers. Sail Buzzards Bay has what you need to advance your sailing skills at a time that is convenience for you. The class sizes are small, no more than 4 people, to give you as much one-on-one time with your instructor and as much time as possible sailing on the 23 - 31 foot sailboats.
Sailing from Fairhaven harbor, Massachusetts, you will learn to sail on the water with the ASA certified and USCG licensed instructors. Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts offers access to a wide variety of sailing conditions and destinations from sunny, light-air cruises to challenges in a controlled environment that will prepare you for sailing in any of the world’s oceans.
Sail Buzzards Bay Location
View Larger Map
- Introductory Lesson: For those who think they would like to take a sailing course but are not sure. Two hours on the water under sail with time at the helm.
- Basic Keelboat Sailing Module: This module is designed for the beginning sailor as an introduction to the fundamentals of sailing and on the water safety. Upon finishing this course, students will have an understanding of sailboat parts and basic boat handling procedures. This course provides four 4-hour lessons on the water. .
- Basic Coastal Cruising Module: This module provides you with the knowledge necessary for coastal cruising. Students spend two 8-hour days cruising a set course using tide tables, charting and dead reckoning, current and weather.
- Intermediate Coastal Cruising Module: This course provides the knowledge you need to cruise safely along coastal waters during the day in moderate weather. You will live aboard our full-sized sailboat and sleep onboard at anchor during the night. This is a 2-day and 1-night course. This cruise teaches all the fundamental skills needed to charter and cruise successfully, including entering unfamiliar harbors, anchoring, sail handling, dinghy use and more.
- Navigation and Boat Systems Module: This module is for the advanced sailor who wants to cruise or yacht charter. This course provides three 4-hour onshore classes in navigation, boat systems and maintenance.
- Advanced Coastal Cruising Module: This course provides the knowledge necessary to cruise safely along coastal waters day and night in any weather. Designed for the advanced sailor who wants to cruise or yacht charter. Course requires a three days, two night live aboard.