ADMIRAL USHAKOV MARITIME STATE ACADEMY (AUMSA) AT NOVOROSSISK, RUSSIA
WATER TRANSPORT OPERATIONS & NAVIGATION; MARINE ENGINEERING; TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT; AND MARITIME LAW TRAINING & EDUCATION
Federal State Educational Institution of higher vocational training “Admiral Ushakov Maritime Academy” is the largest educational institution of water transport and the only higher educational institution in the South of Russia training marine specialists for shipping companies, building and shipbuilding plants, works of water transport, ports and transport terminals.
The Academy prepares personnel in 14 specialties of higher vocational education. It comprises 5 faculties, 36 departments, Southern Regional Center of Additional and Vocational Training (SRCAVT), branches in Rostov-na-Donu, Sevastopol and Astrakhan. For performing study process the Academy posses study-laboratory complex with a block of lecture rooms and three study buildings, more than 500 laboratories and study rooms, reading hall for 160 seats, library with a book store of 300 000 copies.
The Academy owns the complex of up-to-date navigation simulators including 21 professional simulators and 12 mini-simulators, imitating ship’s equipment. In particular simulator of handling and maneuvering ship, simulators of communication system and electronic cartography using modern educational Internet technologies. On the basis of the Southern Regional Center of Additional and Vocational Training (SRCAVT) the refresher courses for ship’s personnel (136 kind of training) are arranged and regularly work. The post-graduate course prepares scientific-pedagogical personnel. In the Academy work two Doctor’s Boards for awarding scientific degree of candidate and doctorate.
Note: Language of Instruction is Russian
Water Transport Operation & Navigation Programs
Ushakov Maritime Academy Location
View Larger Map
- Sea Navigation (5.5 years): Successful graduates get higher special education in specializations - Sea navigation; and Navigation and technical fleet operation in unlimited voyage.
- Technical Operation of Transport Radio Equipment (5 years): The cadets obtaining radio technical specialties can choose the following specializations - Radio communication and electro navigation on sea fleet; Technical operation of telecommunication systems and industry communication; Computer information systems and electronic techniques; and Maintenance and operation of information safety facilities on transport.
Marine Engineering Programs
- Ships Power Plant Operation: Term of studies is 5 years and 6 months. Qualification – engineer.
- Operation of Ship’s Electrical Equipment and Automatic Devices: Term of studies is 5 years and 6 months. Qualification – engineer.
- Operation of Port Cargo Equipment and Transport Terminals: Term of studies is 5 years. Qualification – engineer.
- Transport Lifting, Building and Road Machines & Facilities: Term of studies is 5 years. Qualification – engineer.
- Engineering Protection of Environment: Term of studies is 5 years. Qualification – engineer-ecolog.
- Transport Power Plant Operation (all types of transport): Term of studies is 3 years. Qualification – marine technician.
- Operation of Ships Electrical Equipment and Automatic Devices (all types of transport): Term of studies is 3 years and 9 months. Qualification – technician
Economics & Management Programs
- Economics and Management in Business (Transport)
- Organization of Transportation and Management on Transport (Sea)
Maritime Law Programs
- Jurisprudence (international juridical specialization)