CARNIVAL GROUP | HQ AT LONDON, UK
CARNIVAL GROUP | HQ AT LONDON, UK - 4.0 out of 5 based on 1 vote
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN CRUISING - MARINE & TECHNICAL (DECK, ENGINE & ELECTRICAL) & SPONSORED CADETSHIPS
Carnival UK is a market leader within the Cruise industry and Operates ships all over the globe. The group cruise brands include P&O Cruises, Cunard, Princess Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line,P&O Cruises Australia, Holland America Line, Carnival Cruises, AIDA and Costa. Together these brands operate about several ships.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and the best-known cruise brand. The seven-ship fleet consists of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura. P&O Cruises offers cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and around the world voyages. Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service aboard the world famous ocean liner, Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, and Queen Elizabeth undertakes a number of different voyages.
For a career in a cruise ship at Carnival Group, you will be working with an excellent team, with excellent career progression for those who show they have the drive, determination and team qualities to be part of an industry leading ship’s company.
CARNIVAL GROUP Career Opportunities
Marine & Technical Opportunities
The Marine and Technical team are an integral part of the Ships Company, responsible for the navigation and maintenance of the ship throughout each of its Cruises. The Deck & Engine departments consist of a number of marine certified Officers, each holding relevant qualifications for the position they hold on board. In addition the group also has a number of other Non Marine Certified Officers on board. These Officers take accountability of additional technical/ electrical / security and environmental duties on the ship.
- Deck Department: A Deck Officer is a vital part of the ship's management team and will make decisions on navigating and maneuvering the ship, including communications, which will affect the safety of the ship, its passengers and crew. The opportunities available are - 4/3rd Officer - Officer of the Watch; 2nd Officer -Chief Mate Certificate; 1st Officer/ Safety Officer -Masters Certificate; Deck crew/ratings positions including Deck Chief Petty Officer and also Bosun/ 2nd Bosun; and Environmental Compliance Officers.
- Engine Department: The role of a marine Engineering Officer stretches way beyond that of other engineering professions, with far greater responsibilities, technical skill and personal qualities required. The opportunities available are - 4/3rd Engineer - Officer of the Watch; 2nd Engineer -2nd Engineer Certificate; 1st Engineer/Ships Services Engineer -Chief Engineer and Technical Stores Manager.
- Electrical Department: The Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) is a specialist working within the Technical Department who works with the electrical and electronic equipment. The ETO is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the ship's electro-technical equipment including electrical generating plant, electronic/automated control systems, bridge navigational equipment and entertainment systems.
The programs offer a combination of academic study at a range of shore-based nautical colleges and practical work experience onboard the luxury cruise ships.
- HND or Foundation Degree Programs (UK): A Cadetship with Carnival UK offers you the chance to study for a recognized HND or Foundation Degree qualification, enjoy an adventurous lifestyle, unrivalled travel opportunities and get paid for it! Upon qualifying, successful Engineer, Deck or Electro-Technical Cadets will also gain a professional industry qualification known as a Certificate of Competency as an Officer of the Watch (EOOW/OOW) in addition to the academic qualification. There are three Cadetship programs available to you: Deck, Engineering or Electro-Technical. Each of these Cadetships takes three years to complete.
- Cadetship Course Outlines: Deck (Navigation) Officer Cadetships - HND Route; Deck (Navigation) Officer Cadetships - Foundation Degree Route; Engineer Officer Cadetships - HND Route; Engineer Officer Cadetships - Foundation Degree Route; Graduate Engineer - 'Specialized' Route; and Electro-Technical Officer Cadetships - Foundation Degree Route.
- Bachelors Programs in Nautical Science or Marine & Plant Engineering (Ireland): The group also offers a route purely for Cadets studying at the National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI) based in Cork for Deck and Engineers studying either a Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science or a Bachelor of Engineering in Marine & Plant Engineering.
- The National Maritime College of Ireland NMCI: The National Maritime College of Ireland NMCI is the first third level college in Ireland to be built under the Government’s Public-Private Partnership scheme. The public partners are the Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) and the Irish Naval Service (INS) and the private partner is Focus Education. The college offers both commercial offshore training courses and public degree courses. This model allows the college management and teaching staff to concentrate on education while the private partner is responsible for services to the college and the maintenance of facilities. - find more details - The National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI)