Career Opportunities in Marine Engineering; Naval Architecture; Control Systems, Electrical, Machine Systems Engineering; And Other Technical Specialties Worldwide
Founded in 1760, The Lloyd's Register Group works to enhance the safety of life, property and the environment, at sea, on land and in the air, helping its clients to ensure safe, responsible and sustainable supply chains. It provides independent assurance and expert advice across a range of sectors such as Marine, Transportation, Energy and Management Systems.
The Marine business principally involves classification of ships, which sets standards of quality and reliability during their design, construction and operation. As well as carrying out statutory inspections for national administrations, required by international shipping conventions and codes, and also help ship owners and operators understand risks and improve business performance. The Transportation teams offer a complete range of engineering, safety, risk and management systems services to the land transport sector.
In Energy, it provides compliance, technical consulting and business solutions to companies of all sizes and from all sectors within the energy industry. The group’s expertise in business assurance and management systems is also world class. LRQA is the world's leading international supplier of business assurance. The aim is to help clients use management systems to reduce risk and improve their business performance, as well as providing certification of compliance with international management system standards.
LLOYD’S REGISTER Career Opportunities
Graduate Marine Careers
- Graduate Training Scheme: This program is for talented, ambitious graduates to be technical specialists and future leaders of the group business and build a rewarding career in the marine industry. It is a four year training scheme, where you will have plenty of time to acquire a broad base of knowledge and experience whilst honing your practical skills. It include Shipyard experience; Technical and soft skills training; Outport office placements; Practical engineering course; London office placement; Mentoring sessions; and Time at sea. With a solid base of new skills, you will be working in one of the locations across the globe. The location will very much depend on your interests, skills and experience and the needs of the business.
- Entry Requirement: The candidates ideally possess, or set to achieve, a 2:1 degree in materials engineering, naval architecture, ship science, marine or mechanical engineering, electrical, control engineering and systems engineering. And look for graduates with a MEng degree or BEng with an MSc in order to study towards CEng status.
Global Marine Careers
As one of the world’s leading providers of ship classification services, it is a great opportunity to join Lloyd’s Register helping the clients improve their environmental performance and setting the highest standards for marine safety. The range of careers on offer in roles such as:
- Marine Engineers
- Naval Architects
- Specialist Engineers (control systems, electrical, machine systems)
- Other Technical Specialists (materials, welding, NDE, hydrodynamics)
- Business Development and Business Support
Training and Development
Lloyd’s Register offers a wide range of training courses covering technical, leadership, behavioral and IT skills, as well as supporting employees in gaining accreditations from the relevant professional bodies. The comprehensive range of technical training courses is designed to help develop your expertise whether it is in New Ship Construction or Ships in Service. The global nature of the business also ensures a breadth of opportunities to develop your skills through international assignments.