MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE OF MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY | UNIVERSITY KUALA LUMPUR | AT LUMUT, PERAK, MALAYSIA
MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE OF MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY | UNIVERSITY KUALA LUMPUR | AT LUMUT, PERAK, MALAYSIA - 3.7 out of 5 based on 10 votes
MARINE ENGINEERING; MARINE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS; NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & SHIPBUILDING; AND MARITIME OPERATIONS EDUCATION & TRAINING IN MALAYSIA
Strategically located in Lumut, Perak, relatively known as the home-base of the Royal Malaysian Navy, UniKL MIMET has acquired tremendous response from the public and industries to produce graduates who are highly skilled and knowledgeable in the maritime industry. UniKL MIMET offers industry-specific programs as required by the local and international marine engineering industries. The campus is equipped with the latest advanced technological equipment complete with wharfs and ports to give the students vast and adequate opportunity to experience hands-on technical training.
Since its establishment in 2004, the focus of UniKL MIMET was purely in the area of Marine Engineering Technology. Realizing that the maritime sector is a broad sector and cover other areas such as maritime transport, logistics, off-shore industry and their supporting services, the institute had taken the initiative to develop a program in Maritime Operations with the support from industrial experts representing government maritime law enforcement agency, shipping, seaport, and shipbuilding & ship repair industries.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL), based in the heart of Malaysia’s capital and commerce area, is one of the country’s leading technical university. The university aims to provide the graduates with the knowledge, skills and attitude required to contribute towards and play major roles in a globalised and knowledge-based economy. The vision is to become the premier entrepreneurial technical university in the country through excellence in research, education, training, entrepreneurship, consultancy and community services.
Academic & Training Programs
View Larger Map
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Marine Engineering
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Marine Electrical and Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Naval Architecture & Shipbuilding
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Construction and Maintenance: The program enables the students to acquire knowledge and experience on the major principles of ship and boat construction; rationale of combining a modern ship design with an efficient, effective shipyard/boatyard manufacturing system; be aware of links between the ship/boat build plan and the yard layout; linking construction with efficient manufacturing processes; knowledge of a method of work breakdown structure in shipbuilding and engineering management.
- Bachelor of Maritime Operations (Hons): Prospective undergraduates will be offered courses / subjects in five sub-areas namely Maritime Transport Management, Seaport Operations, Maritime Law Enforcement, Business Management, as well as Marine Technology and Ocean Sciences. The amalgamation of the five sub-areas is meant to provide adequate knowledge to prospective BMO graduates to venture into the employment areas of shipping management, sea port operations, shipping & forwarding agencies, government law enforcement agencies, shipyard administration, and other maritime ancillary services.