SEA SCHOOL AT ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA | MERCHANT MARINE TRAINING
US COAST GUARD APPROVED MARINE TRAINING
Sea School is an approved US Coast Guard approved training school offering several courses for the professional mariner. The Sea School has over 32 years experience in dealing with Coast Guard Licensing, Regulations, and Maritime Education and its USCG Certified Licensed Instructors have extensive knowledge and experience in commercial vessel operations and instruction.
The Sea School is a nationally renowned school with offices across the US and in the Caribbean. The school is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida and has training facilities in Franklin Square, New York; Charleston, South Carolina; Bayou La Batre, Alabama; Jacksonville, Florida; San Juan, Porto Rico; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Panama City, Florida.
Sea School also conducts programs at various Yacht Clubs, Marinas and Companies apart from the above locations.
Sea School HQ Location
View Larger Map
- OUPV (6-Pack): This license is properly termed Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV) and commonly referred to as the 6-Pack. The word uninspected means that the equipment required and the design of the boat are less regulated. 6-Pack refers to the 6 passenger limitation placed on the license when operating as a captain on an uninspected vessel. OUPV licenses are issued with a particular route. Your license can be for INLAND routes (meaning bays, sounds, rivers, lakes, etc.), NEAR COASTAL (NC) routes (out to 100 miles offshore) and the GREAT LAKES route. NC covers all three routes.
- Upgrade to Master: A Master license is required if you operate INSPECTED vessels. INSPECTED vessels are those that carry more than 6 passengers. Additionally, to become INSPECTED the vessel must be built in accordance with rigid USCG Commercial Vessel Inspection standards. This license is also issued with a particular route (INLAND, NEAR COASTAL and GREAT LAKES) with varying tonnage allowances based on your experience.
- STCW Courses: Basic Safety Training (BST); Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS); Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA); and Bridge Resource Management
- Radar Observer Endorsement (Unlimited - Inland & Recertification)
- Assistance Towing Endorsement
- Launch Operator: Launch Operator Licenses are Available in Two Categories: OUPV (6-Pack) Limited and Master Inland Limited.
- FCC Radio Licenses