Shipping Management; and Shipping, Offshore & Finance Education
BI Norwegian Business School is a private, independent, specialized university institution with a total of six study locations in Norway, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger, Kristiansand, and Drammen. BI is one of Europe’s largest business schools with around 20,000 students and 340 permanent faculty. Also BI is the largest supplier of economic and administrative competence and skills in Norway with more than 200,000 graduates since 1983.
BI Norwegian Business School has organized its academic activities in eight separate research departments covering all of the disciplines that can be expected at a modern European business school. BI faculty cooperate extensively internationally and BI has student exchange agreements with more than 170 institutions in 45 different countries. This gives BI’s students excellent opportunities to obtain international experiences and to experience intercultural learning.
BI develops and delivers custom-made courses and programs for a number of specific industries and organizations in the public and private sectors. Programs are taught in Norwegian and many of them are available in English as well.
- Bachelor of Shipping Management (3 years, Full-time): Norway is one of the leading shipping nations in the world and BI has along tradition of teaching and doing research in the shipping area. The program will enable you to help interact with and learn from an international group of fellow students with diverse cultural backgrounds; develop analytical and strategic skills related to commercial, financial and organizational opportunities /challenges in the shipping industry; write a bachelor thesis in close cooperation with companies in the shipping and offshore industries and the cluster companies surrounding these global industries; and get acquainted with the Norwegian shipping environment and get access to exciting and surprisingly versatile job opportunities in an international industry. The Bachelor of Shipping Management program is taught entirely in English.
- Executive MBA - Shipping, Offshore & Finance (1.5 years, Part-time): The Executive MBA in Shipping, Offshore and Finance has been developed jointly by BI Norwegian School of Management, Norway and NTU Nanyang Business School, Singapore, in close collaboration with the industry. The program aims at developing global leadership skills for executives working in the shipping and offshore sector and providing an understanding on how executives within the industry manage their organizations. Exploiting business opportunities with a focus on the financial and capital elements will play an important part in the program. Leadership issues like cultural intelligence, crisis management and the management of human capital will be also addressed. The program will cover the value chain in shipping, offshore, financial strategies, risk management, innovation processes and strategies for the shipping and offshore companies.
BI Norwegian Scholarships
Executive MBA - Shipping, Offshore & Finance
- To attract students with the desired background, scholarships up to 44,000 SGD are available to outstanding candidates.
Bachelor of Shipping Management
- Scholarships from BI: The scholarships consist of a full tuition fee waiver for the first year of the program (Value NOK 63,400) and a 50 % tuition fee waiver for the second and the third year of the program (Value approx. NOK 30,000 for each year). The 50 % tuition fee waiver for the second and third year is contingent on above average academic performance in the first respectively the second year of the program.
- Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship Program: A maximum of two students will receive this scholarship each year, and the size of the scholarship is NOK 75.000, per semester per student.