Marine Electrical & Electronics; Marine Communications; Marine Engineering; Maritime Transport; Port and Fleet Operations; And Transport & Logistics; Education & Training
Gdynia Maritime University is the largest state school of higher education in Poland and one of the largest in Europe. Since 1920 the University has been preparing graduates for officer positions on board merchant marine vessels and for managerial positions at the land-based institutions and companies representing the maritime industry and seaside regions. The University four Faculties offer degree in Navigation, Marine Engineering, Marine Electrical Engineering and Business Administration. At present Gdynia Maritime University provides studies for 8000 students.
The programs of studies satisfy both Polish educational standards provided by the Ministry of Education and also the requirements of the International Maritime Organization – IMO. The academic staff – representing doctor of science degree and scientific titles of a professor accompanied, in many cases, by the highest marine diplomas of a Master Mariner, Chief Engineer Officer and Shipboard Electrical Engineer – supported by the laboratory facilities offering 25 specialized simulators and ISO 9001 education quality management system implemented by the University.
The Maritime University actively co-operates in the conduct of joint research projects, preparation of young generation academic staff and in the exchange of students with 18 maritime institutions of higher education within international organizations such as: European University Association (EUA) and International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU).
Note: Language of instruction in Polish.
Academic & Training Programs
Electrical Engineering Programs
- BSc in Electrical Engineering with Marine Electro-Automation Specialization (3.5 years): Full time and part time studies. A graduate possesses knowledge about the design, operation and repair of electrical and mechanical devices onboard the ship.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering with Computer Control Systems Specialization (3.5 years): Full time and studies.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering with Electro-automation Specialization (3.5 years): Part time studies. A graduate of this course is prepared to design, operate and maintain different types of industrial automation devices and systems, modern measurement systems, driving systems, and computer control systems.
- BSc in Electronics and Communication Systems with Marine Electronics Specialization (3.5 years): Full time studies. A graduate is prepared to design, build and utilize ship's electronic devices radio navigation and radio communication systems and computer networks.
- BSc in Electronics and Communication Systems with Digital Radio Communication Systems Specialization (3.5 years): Full time studies. A graduate of this course is qualified to design, build and utilize land and marine mobile radio communication systems and teleinformatic and computer networks.
- BSc in Electronics and Communication Systems with Radio Electronics Specialization (3.5 years): Part time studies. A graduate has qualifications to design, build and utilize electronic devices, radio communication systems, teleinformatic and computer networks.
- BSc in Electronics and Communication Systems with Computer Communication Systems Specialization (3.5 years): Full time studies.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering with Specializations
- MSc in Electrical Engineering Systems with Specializations
Marine Engineering Programs
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering and Machine Design: Specializations - Marine Propulsion Plant and Offshore Construction Operation(Full Time studies); Technology for Repairs of Ship and Port Units (Full Time studies); Operational Engineering (Full Time studies); Marine Propulsion Plant Operation (Part Time studies); Repair Engineering Management (Part Time studies); and Operations of Industrial Installations (Part Time studies).
- BSc or MSc in Safety Engineering: Specialization - Marine Environment Safety Engineering
- BSc or MSc in Navigation with Specialization in Maritime Transport: The aim of studies in Maritime Transport is to prepare high class experts in ship operations.
- BSc or MSc in Transport with Specialization in Port and Fleet Operation, Transport and Logistics and Maritime Transportation and Logistics Systems: The aim of studies in Port and Fleet Operation is to prepare experts for the technical operations in ports and those specializing in the transportation, forwarding and logistics for work in the transportation, forwarding and logistics companies as well as in companies involved in international transport.