Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain Management and International Trade Training; CPIM & CSCP Certification
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK - CILT(UK) - is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chains and all transport throughout their careers. It is a membership based organization with over 30,000 members in over 30 countries.
The Institute offers a progressive logistics and transport program to develop your skills and enhance the career: Comprehensive range of training courses; Comprehensive range of short courses; Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme; Routes to Chartered Membership; Mentoring service; and Graduate schemes. CILT qualifications can be studied at centers around UK, some of which also offer distance learning options.
The qualifications offer professionals at every level and in every sector of the industry the opportunity to gain professional recognition of their knowledge and experience. Nationally recognized and accredited by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (OFQUAL), these qualifications are designed to raise standards and to demonstrate both professional and personal achievement. All the qualifications include membership of CILT or Institute of Operations Management (IOM).
- CILT (UK) Level 2 Certificate in Logistics and Transport (QCF): This internationally recognized program will accelerate your career development into highly paid, management positions. Aimed at graduates with significant business and/or management experience, it will significantly enhance your capability to function as a senior manager within a wide range of commercial and service organizations. Your learning experience will be reinforced through working in culturally diverse peer action learning sets. These will be the basis for team-based activity and action research. They will allow you to network and benefit from your fellow student's knowledge and experiences.
- CILT (UK) Level 3 Certificate in Logistics and Transport (QCF): This is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and aspiring managers. The course will be unit-based, comprising two mandatory units and one option unit, allowing learners the flexibility to tailor the qualification to their own specialism.
- CILT (UK) Level 5 Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport: Aimed at managers or graduate entrants to the profession, the Institute’s most popular modular program is designed to enhance new and existing expertise in the supply chain, passenger transport or transport planning environments in addition to building and developing core management skills. This flexible qualification allows the student the freedom to study the elements of the course that are most appropriate to his or her interests, career path and current role.
- CILT (UK) Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport: Aimed at managers aspiring to move to the strategic level, this advanced course is designed for professionals already working within the logistics and transport profession, typically in middle management. It provides the strategic management skills and tactical insight necessary for professional and business development. The Advanced Diploma bridges the gap between the undergraduate level of the Professional Diploma and the postgraduate standard of a Masters degree. A key requirement of the Advanced Diploma qualification is the development of strategic awareness and understanding in candidates who may not yet be operating at a strategic level.
- MSc in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc in International Transport and Logistics
CILT and the University of Glamorgan offer two Masters degree programs delivered by cutting-edge e-learning technology, enabling you to complete your studies wherever you are in the world. The programs have all the rigor and quality of traditionally taught courses, but with the increased flexibility of innovative delivery via your PC. With intakes in April and September each year, CILT and University of Glamorgan MSc programs are flexible enough to fit in with your busy schedule.
- Certificate in International Trade
- Advanced Certificate in International Trade
- Diploma in International Trade
These Institute of Export (IOE) qualifications are modular and delivered by full distance learning tuition. IOE qualifications will provide students with an in-depth and progressive route to importing and exporting goods and services across the globe. The following qualifications cover the fundamentals of international trade as well as marketing, finance, legal aspects, transport and distribution, documentation, logistics and purchasing and all aspects of global trade from supervisory and operational level through to senior strategic management.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
The partnership between APICS – the prestigious US Association for Operations Management – and IOM provides increased availability of education, certification and membership programs for professional personnel in operations and supply chain management throughout Great Britain.
The partnership makes two key, internationally recognized certification programs available in Great Britain: the Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is a program designed to test candidates’ in-depth knowledge of a variety of subjects specific to production and inventory management, while the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program extends beyond internal operations to encompass all steps throughout the supply chain. APICS certification can be undertaken via distance learning or through instructor-led programs, according to your preferred learning style.
- FRITZ/CILT (UK) Certification in Humanitarian Logistics: The Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CHL) is suitable for professionals working in operational management positions within the field of humanitarian logistics. It also provides a valuable grounding for those with relevant supply chain experience from the commercial sector who are aiming to enter the humanitarian logistics arena for the first time.
- FRITZ/CILT (UK) Certification in Humanitarian Supply Chain Management: The Certification in Humanitarian Supply Chain Management (CHSCM) is the next level qualification in this range. It is aimed at humanitarian logisticians operating at a tactical level and engaged in the planning, resourcing and management of the supply chain and the implementation of supply chain strategy. Typically, candidates will hold such positions as a logistics coordinator, logistics manager and head of a logistics centre.
- FRITZ/CILT (UK) Certification in Humanitarian Medic al Logistics Practices: This qualification is aimed at humanitarian logisticians and medical specialists involved in medical supply chains. It will increase humanitarian logisticians and medical specialists ability to plan and operate medical supply, as well as safeguard against the high rate of substandard and counterfeit medical items pervading the international medical supply chain.
- CILT (UK)/PTRC Certificate in Traffic and Transport: This qualification introduces students to the key components of transport planning. The Certificate will enable you to demonstrate your knowledge of traffic and transport planning in addition to the development of key skills that will help you to become the well-rounded professional required by employers.