BMF Short Courses & Marina Training
The British Marine Federation (BMF) represents a wide range of businesses in the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry. The 1400+ membership base is diverse and represents the UK marine supply chain. Examples include major world players in superyacht sector, chandlers, leading suppliers of equipment for yachts and motorboats, boatbuilders, marine consultants, boat cleaning services, brokers, flag makers, Sail Training and operators of marinas both coastal and inland.
By promoting an environment for training and recruitment, BMF encourages UK marine based companies to invest in training for the benefit of the industry. BMF manages a number of short courses as well as develop national and regional qualifications from entry to advanced level. The work ensures the longevity of the industry by providing the professionals with relevant training programs for personal or companywide improvement.
- Intermediate Marina Managers Course: This four-day course is designed to provide marina personnel in a leadership position with fast-track training in the critical issues in marinas. It is aimed at managers, supervisors and foremen who have had at least one full year of experience working at this level.
BMF Short Courses
- Marine Electronics Installer Course (1 day): This is an introductory course in marine electronics installation which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. Topics include ground systems, electrical systems, equipment installation and data communications.
- Selling Skills for the Marine Industry (1 day): This is a great course for sales people who want to identify that hidden ‘X’ factor that determines ‘excellence’ in selling. Whatever your background, if your job involves selling, then the ‘Selling Skills for the Marine Industry’ will help you maximize your effectiveness in this crucial area.
- The Law Relating to Brokerage and Boat Retailers (1 day): This one-day course is designed to: Increase your knowledge and awareness of the legal framework and industry standards relating to the sale and purchase of craft; Minimize your commercial risk and help to avoid disputes and the rejection of craft by purchasers; and Provide you with practical, industry-specific advice and guidance on key areas of the sale and purchase process.
- Beginning In Export: The workshop is for company owners/managers who are prepared to make decisions and invest time, resource and thought, from SMEs who are new to export, businesses that have received and delivered some export orders and wish to proactively grow internationally or companies that wish to achieve a fast-track export growth but are not aware of what is involved.
- RCD Awareness Course (1 day)
- NMEA 2000 Workshop (1 day)