Logistics & Port Education, Warehousing & Storage, Logistics & Transport Training
Hull College UK is a further education College in Hull, England. Hull College Group enrolled over 30,000 students from Hull, the East Riding, Harrogate, nationally and internationally during 2009/10 studying both on College premises and via work based learning and community programs makes it one of the largest schools of its type in the United Kingdom. Hull College has four major centers in Queen’s Gardens, Park Street, Cannon Street, and the Kingston Communications Stadium.
Students at the College study on a wide variety of further and higher education courses, from A Levels to NVQs, Foundation Degrees and Degrees, full-time or part-time, in subjects ranging from Business, Engineering, and Performing Arts to Health and Social Care. Hull College was awarded Grade 1 - Outstanding in every area by Ofsted.
The Hull College’s range of courses includes a growing choice of Higher Education options, Foundation Degrees and BA (Hons), with the support of partner universities. Hull College is one of the largest providers of higher education within further education, increasing options for individuals to study at a higher level.
Academic & Training Programs
- Foundation Degree in Express Logistics (2 years): The Degree is aimed at candidates holding middle management positions or those who aspire to do so in express logistics and supply chain management. This is a blended distant learning course. Each module is supported by a named tutor; there are also workbooks and face to face tutorials. Progression routes include - One year top up on a suitable Logistics Degree Course and, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) offer various progression courses for successful candidates, including the CILT Advanced Diploma in Logistics, CILT Advanced Diploma in Transport, MSc Passenger Transport Management and MSc Logistics.
- Foundation Degree in Ports and Logistics (2 years): The aim of the course is to provide the management tools, skills, and knowledge required to progress in the port and logistics sector. The course is designed to qualify students to meet the needs of the industry. The degree in Ports & Logistics is the only one of its kind in the United Kingdom and has been designed in consultation with experts from the global ports and logistics sector. Course content is current and relevant, and constantly updated. On successful completion, students will be able to progress towards achieving a full United Kingdom Degree, including: BSc Logistics Management, BA (Hons) Business and Supply Chain Management or similar programs.
- ILM IMQ Award in Team Leading (International Ports and Logistics) (30 hours): This program is especially suited to those who are aspiring team leaders and supervisors in the Ports and Logistics Sector, or for those already working in that capacity. Depending on the individual job role, candidates may progress on to - ILM IMQ Certificate in Team Leading (Ports and Logistics focus); NVQ Level 3 Supervision of Port Operations; or Managing Safely In Ports program.
- NVQ Level 2 Warehousing and Storage: For those who work in the warehousing and storage sector, the NVQ Level 2 Warehousing and Storage will enable candidates to demonstrate the skills they already have, broaden industry knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the part they play in company performance. The Program is delivered in the candidate’s workplace.
- NVQ Level 3 Logistics Operations Management: The program meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work as Operations Managers, Supervisors or Team Leaders in the logistics sector and is specifically targeted at those who want to progress into the more senior roles within the logistics operations. The qualification will be delivered in the Candidate’s workplace.
- Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Level 2 Introductory Certificate (Online): The qualification has been developed in conjunction with leading industry experts, and is designed to provide a broad understanding of logistics and transport. Assessment and Award of this qualification will distinguish candidates as ideal employees with abilities and underpinning knowledge which have been rigorously tested. The course is delivered via distance learning and candidates will work at their own pace, as time and work demands allow.
- Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Level 3 Higher Certificate in Logistics and Transport (Online): The qualification covers the detail of the specialist technical areas within logistics and transport, plus a generic management unit. The course is delivered via distance learning and candidates will work at their own pace, as time and work demands allow.
- Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Level 5 Professional Diploma (Online): This is a professional qualification for those individuals already working within logistics and transport who wish to develop a strategic view of logistics and transport operations and to become capable of reviewing operational activities. The course is delivered via distance learning and candidates will work at their own pace, as time and work demands allow.