Supply Chain & Transport Engineering Education at the Faculty of Business & Economics and Institute of Transport Studies (ITS Monash)
Founded in 1958, Monash University is a world class public university located in Melbourne, Australia. Monash is the second oldest university in the state and a member of Australia's Group of Eight and the ASAIHL. The university continues to be ranked amongst the world’s (top 1%) leading and most prestigious universities.
With nearly 60,000 students distributed over eight campuses, including Malaysia and South Africa, the university is the largest in Australia with an academic staff of over 8,000. It also has more applicants than any university in the state of Victoria.
As division of Australia’s most international university, the Faculty of Business and Economics is a key part of a major research university – a member of the prestigious Group of Eight – in which research and scholarship of the highest order underpin all the endeavors. The faculty has over 4,000 students from over 100 countries studying across a wide variety of graduate programs – including the highly ranked MBA and prestigious research degrees.
Monash University provides innovative engineering research solutions and offers a wide range of undergraduate engineering degrees. The Faculty of Engineering is renowned worldwide for the quality of the teaching and strength in engineering research.
Masters Programs - Supply Chain
- Master of Business with Supply Chain Specialization (1.5 years FT, 3 years PT): This program provides an innovative and industry-focused graduate study, with a strong emphasis upon personal development, corporate governance and social responsibility. It will suit a wide range of prospective students including candidates without prior studies in business seeking foundation business skills, as well as mid-career professionals seeking to update their knowledge in traditional business disciplines or to extend their skills. The program also offers the option of completing a specialization in vital areas of business practice such as supply chain. The supply chain discipline provides students with six units dealing with current practices and emerging strategies for improving supply chain performance. The units can provide a focus on either the strategic management of supply chains or on the design and optimization of supply chains.
- Master of Business with Supply Chain Specialization and Master of Professional Accounting (2 years FT, 4 years PT): The double degree is intended to provide students the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in accounting, to specialise in a second area of business such as supply chain, while gaining an understanding of the broad range of contemporary business topics and their relevance to the business environment. Students also have the opportunity to participate in a unique suite of units that build skills and knowledge in personal development and corporate social responsibility, to increase their employment opportunities in public practice and industry.
Masters Programs – Transport
- Graduate Certificate in Transport and Traffic (1 years PT): This four-unit course provides a program of studies for transport and traffic professionals wishing to expand their skills in areas relevant to the planning, design, management and operation of transport and traffic facilities. Students who complete this course to a satisfactory standard may apply to continue their studies to postgraduate diploma and then masters level.
- Graduate Diploma in Transport and Traffic (1 year FT, 2 years PT): This eight-unit course is designed for graduate engineers who wish to pursue advanced study in transport and traffic engineering previously studied as part of their undergraduate training. Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Transport and Traffic to a satisfactory standard may apply to continue their studies to masters level.
- Master of Transport (1.5 years FT, 3 years PT): The Master of Transport is offered by the Monash Institute of Transport Studies through the Department of Civil Engineering. This course offers students an opportunity to enhance their knowledge in transport planning and modeling, and transport policy making. Studies include traffic fundamentals, transport modeling, infrastructure project and policy evaluation, public transport, transport economics, traffic engineering and engineering management. If you enroll in an additional four units in transport studies, you will be awarded both the Master of Traffic and the Master of Transport. Graduates of the Master of Transport often work in the public or private sectors as senior transport engineers on large scale planning projects.
Monash University has established an enviable reputation for teaching and research excellence across the business and engineering disciplines. This reputation is built on the innovative and progressive approach to program delivery, and the strong links forged with commerce and industry, both in Australia and overseas, making Monash degrees truly international and enabling graduates to work around the world. To maintain this standard, unit evaluations are undertaken subsequent to every unit offering. The programs offer real flexibility. You can choose to study on or off-campus; during the daytime or in the evening; you can accelerate your progress by studying in summer or winter semesters and you may also elect to study units online.