Training and Certification in Supply Chain Management, Production, Inventory, Purchasing & Warehousing
Established throughout Australia, Australasian Production and Inventory Control Society (apics) is an international associate of the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). In addition to the five Australian APICS Chapters the association with the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) provides members with the opportunity to forge close ties with international organizations based in New Zealand, the United States, South America, Europe, Ireland and Asia.
Membership of apics is open to individuals or organizations involved or interested in the spheres of production, inventory control, distribution of products, purchasing and materials management. By bringing together professionals with a common concern, apics seeks to advance knowledge and promote understanding among manufacturing and distribution management.
Training & Certification Programs
- APICS Fundamentals of Operations and Materials Management (FMOM): The entry-level courses are designed to teach the basic APICS Body of Knowledge. These classes stress the fundamentals and provide the foundation for the CPIM program. The Fundamentals of Materials and Operations Management program offers an exciting classroom-based, instructor-led educational opportunity for people new to materials and management operations-or people working in positions that interact with this field. Participants gain practical, essential skills that help them become more effective and productive in their jobs. The five-module format of the course teaches basic concepts, techniques, and terminology.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): The CPIM designation reflects your commitment to an internationally recognized standard of excellence and is attained by passing these five exams: Basics of Supply Chain Management; Master Planning of Resources; Detailed Scheduling and Planning; Execution and Control of Operations; and Strategic Management of Resources.
- Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM): Once you earn your CPIM designation you are eligible to take your professional credentials to the next level with a CFPIM designation. This designation is awarded to an elite group of professionals who share their knowledge with others through presenting, publishing, teaching, and participating in other professional development activities.
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP): The APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program was developed in response to changing educational needs in the field of supply chain management. It is ideal for more experienced supply chain professionals and provides students with the knowledge necessary to understand and manage the integration and coordination of activities within today’s increasingly intricate supply chains.
Australian Diplomas and Certificates
- Certificate IV in Materials and Operations Management: Identical in scope to Fundamentals of Materials and Operations Management (FMOM), this is a DEST registered qualification covering inventory control, planning, manufacturing control, materials handling, warehousing and operations management.
- Diploma of Business Operations Management: Identical in scope to the CPIM qualification, this is a DEST registered qualification in the field of production and inventory control. This is available either as a separate qualification or may be combined with the CPIM qualification.
- Fundamentals of Purchasing and Contract Management: A DEST registered (Certificate IV) unit designed to provide the student with a foundation in purchasing practices. Attainment of this qualification will lay the foundation for the Diploma of Purchasing.
- Diploma of Purchasing: The Diploma of Purchasing provides graduates with an Australian Government recognized Diploma. The Diploma of Purchasing consists of 4 modules (comprising 9 units of competency in total).
APICS United States
APICS The Association for Operations Management (USA), is a not-for-profit international education organization, offering certification programs, training tools and networking opportunities to increase workplace performance. APICS builds and validates knowledge in supply chain and operations management.
APICS is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in supply chain and operations management, including production, inventory, materials management, purchasing, and logistics. Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
APICS certification programs are recognized worldwide and provide operations management professionals with a relevant, essential education that equips them for today’s fast-changing marketplace. Regarded as the standards of professional excellence and quality within the manufacturing and service industries, APICS’ certifications enhance your marketability and can lead to greater opportunities. Read More..